Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Something yummy.


I was cruising through the blogs I follow when I happened upon the most recent post from Grilled Cheese Social...  First have you checked out this blog yet?  If you love grilled cheese sandwiches or food for that matter you will love MacKenzie's blog!  She makes masterpiece sandwiches with just about any ingredient you could imagine.  And seeing as how I had been thinking about what I was going to have for dinner, when I saw her post "From Meme and Me"it was the inspiration I needed to try my hand at a fancy-schmancy grilled cheese sandwich and now I'm sharing it with you because it was DELICOUS!


Alright so here are the ingredients, all of which I picked up at Central Market (one of the best grocery stores/markets EVER)...

Yukon gold rustic bread
Sliced Muenster cheese
Jambon ham
Tomatoes (which I seasoned with a little salt & pepper)

And here's how it turned out...





The only thing that I still need to tweek is the cheese needed to be melted a tad more, specifically to the point of being ooey-gooey yumminess (hence the reason it's back in the pan after cutting it).

I was quite pleased with my first attempt at "gourmet" grilled cheese and I can't wait until my next sandwich.  Any ideas on the next ingredients I should use?

Oh! In case you were wondering, here's the sandwich that caught my eye and inspired my creation tonight...

Courtesy of Grilled Cheese Social

Until next time!

Love Steph



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I LOVE a sprinkling of raw onions on mine. And bacon. And tomatoes. And lots of cheese. And....oh yum! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...