Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Edition { Inspiration. Inspired } Part 1



In all honesty I have been plotting and planning for when I get to host my very first Thanksgving, it won't be this year but maybe, just maybe next year if all plans go as we hope.

Since we currently don't have a place large enough to comfortably accommodate all of our family and the goodies that come with Thanksgiving, I instead get to find inspiration for all of you to use for your celebrations this Thanksgiving.

There are so many parts to plan when hosting a family dinner for the holidays, so in this part of the Thanksgiving Edition { Inspiration. Inspired. } we'll discuss the table/place settings...  I love this stuff!! My first successful attempt was for Christmas Eve last year...  I'll share some pictures with you at the end.  But here's some fabulous inspiration that I found for you with the help of Pinterest and HGTV.




There's simple and casual with the added fun of a small pumpkin/gourd used as the name cards, { LOVE }.




There's Floral-elegance, add a few vases overflowing with beautiful seasonal flowers (or any flower for that matter) on a table with cream plates and hints of gold.




Last, but certainly not least...  my FAVE!!  I'm in { LOVE } with the monochromatic tones , the glitter, and touches of rose gold and other metallics = BEAUTIFUL!


And as promised here's my table-setting for Christmas Eve last year.  The colors I choose where gold, white and PINK!









The menu...  I used three different pieces of scrapbooking paper (pink glitter, pink houndstooth and an opaque white).  I then cut them down to different sizes so that I could layer them. 

 { TIP:  By printing on the opaque paper it made my font appear to be metallic.  I chose a dark yellow color for the font of the menu and when I printed on the opaque white paper it made it look GOLD.  FYI...  I also used the opaque paper for the placecards. }


Back view of the centerpiece since the menu was blocking it above.


While I went all out and did a whole table-setting... remember, you can always just add touches of Thanksgiving to the table or even just around the house...  hmmm...  maybe my next post will be about "Touches of Thanksgiving".

Enjoy!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...