Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas weekend was a blast!


So for my Christmas weekend recap I'm linking up with From Mrs. to Mama for the Show me Christmas link-up...

Our Christmas weekend started Friday night with the arrival of Grandma and Papa!  We were so excited for their visit, they were here for almost 3 full days.  The prince LOVES spending time with all of his grandparents, it's such a joy to see him with them and how happy they all  are when together.

For Christmas Eve, I spent the morning cooking a nice brunch for the hubby, prince and my parents.  I decided on doing brunch because the hubby had to work until 11am and I wanted to make a nice breakfast for everyone to enjoy, so by putting breakfast off for a few hours the hubby then got to enjoy it with us.

So for brunch we had whole wheat brown sugar banana bread pancakes...  

Recipe courtesy of "how Sweet it is", get it here.
Delicious and very filling...  perfect for Christmas Eve morning  { smile }


Along with cooking brunch I also spent some time baking  { LOVE }
I found a recipe for some cupcakes that I thought would be perfect for Christmas...  
Peppermint Mocha cupcakes = delicious!!

Recipe courtesy of Bakers Royale, get it here.
More to come in a future post about these { PERFECT } cupcakes, I promise!!

We took these { PERFECT } cupcakes to Mom Woods' house for a yummy dinner of pizza followed by the Christmas Eve service at the First Baptist Church of Darrington.  

It was then time to get home so I could get to work on my last sewing project...  

Tutorial courtesy of Make it Perfect, get it here.

"Peek-a-Boo" toy sack { FILLED } with cars!  I was so happy with how easy this project was, I will definitely be making at least one more of these.


Christmas morning came at about 6:30am...  and there were lots of presents for opening followed with lots of smiles and even a few tears...








These would be the tears I mentioned...  Grandma was so very happy with the Shutterfly book I created for her and Papa all about the prince.  I will definitely be doing more of these for gifts in the future!


Here's a looksee at all of the great gifts I got this year...


A glass bowl for my KitchenAid mixer { LOVE }



A Silpat and new cookie/bar sheet { another LOVE }



The slicer and shredder attachment for my beloved KitchenAid mixer.



And a microwave, a gift for both me and the hubby.  We've been without one for almost four months now..  a BIG thank you goes to my brother and Claire for this AMAZING gift!

Christmas day was made perfect by all of the wonderful family and friends that we got to spend the entire day with...  















I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend, too!

Now bring on the new year!!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...